Risk Management and Safety for Our Guests
We’ve developed the following COVID-19 guidelines in consultation with an epidemiologist and after a review of CDC, Colorado, and local guidelines and recommendations. While it remains impossible to eliminate all risk of transmission of COVID-19 at Drala Mountain Center, we’re dedicated to mitigating as much risk as is practicable given current trends and circumstances.
We recognize the unfortunate reality that our policies and guidelines will preclude some people from visiting at this time, and appreciate your support and patience as we continue to navigate this complex and unprecedented situation. We will continue to track the pandemic and will adjust our guidelines accordingly. Updates will be posted to this page.
Thank you for doing your part to help us stay open. We hope to see you soon.
- Registered guests are not required to show proof of vaccination on arrival.
Antigen Testing Requirement
- All registered guests, regardless of age, will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours before their arrival.
- Self-administered at-home antigen tests, as well as those administered by a third party, are permissible.
- On arrival, registered guests will be required to (1) attest that they took an antigen test within 24 hours of their arrival, with negative results; and (2) show a photo of their negative test result. A guest’s photo ID must also be visible in the photo.
- A photo of negative test results that includes visible photo ID is the only acceptable proof of a negative test result. Please do not bring your actual antigen test as verification.
- Failure to provide proper documentation of a negative antigen test result may result in a guest not being permitted to attend their program/retreat or remain on DMC property.
- We also require that guests bring at least one rapid antigen test with them to DMC in the event that during their stay they experience COVID-19 symptoms or are in close contact with someone who experiences symptoms or tests positive.
COVID-19 Symptoms Before Arrival & During Stay
We ask that registered guests not visit DMC if:
- they are experiencing symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19 or have experienced any of those symptoms in the seven (7) days prior to their scheduled arrival; or
- have been in close contact with anyone who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 in the seven (7) days prior to their scheduled arrival.
- Registered guests are required to inform DMC if they experience COVID-19 symptoms at any time during their stay.
- Any registered guest who tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay will need to depart DMC immediately to seek medical attention or recover elsewhere. We recommend that all registered guests have their own transportation available; DMC staff will not be able to provide transportation in these circumstances
- Masks are optional at DMC. We continue to support anyone who prefers to wear a mask and recommend that anyone who is immunocompromised or at high risk for severe illness wear a high quality, well-fitting N-95 or KN-95 mask.
- We recognize that masks may be required again in the future due to new variants or increased community spread.
- DMC offers single and shared occupancy lodging options. If you select shared lodging that won’t be occupied by others in your household, or lodging that does not include a private restroom, you will be at an increased risk of contracting COVID-19.
Interaction with Day Visitors
- DMC may be open to day visitors while programs are in session. We are unable to verify the vaccination status of any day visitor or ensure that they tested negative for COVID-19 prior to their visit.