Drala Mountain Center asks that all program participants, volunteers and staff adhere to the following:
- Curfew on the land is 10:30 p.m. Due to our contemplative environment, personal music devices are discouraged and not permitted in public places.
- No amplified music, except on certain occasions designated by DMC.
- Controlled substances (including marijuana) are not allowed on the land. Anyone possessing and/or using illegal drugs or marijuana will be asked to leave the land immediately. No exceptions.
- No firearms. No exceptions.
- Pets are not allowed, except for service animals accompanying visitors with disabilities.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated, fire-safe areas. Fieldstrip cigarettes.
- No drinking in public. Alcoholic beverages are allowed only on certain occasions sponsored by DMC. Displays of public intoxication will not be tolerated.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21, or providing alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age, is strictly prohibited under Colorado law.
- Vehicles must be parked in the designated visitor parking lot. Those with special needs may contact Guest Services for an exception.
- Please observe the posted speed limits when arriving and/or departing the land.
- No littering. Our ecosystem is very fragile. Please walk only on marked trails or roads.
- In the event of an emergency, please cooperate fully with the Dorje Kasung.
Honoring these rules is a requirement for staying at Drala Mountain Center. Serious violations of this agreement or any act that threatens the wellbeing of others, or the integrity of our contemplative environment, may result in immediate expulsion and/or may be reported to law enforcement authorities. All program participants and overnight guests are asked to sign these land rules upon check-in at Guest Registration.