If you register for our programs, sign up for catalogs, subscribe to newsletters, purchase products, or otherwise deal directly with Drala Mountain Center, your contact information and a transaction history will be retained by us. We may contact you regarding customer service, program registration, housing, transportation and other related issues. We do not sell, rent or share any of your contact information with third parties.
Drala Mountain Center provides each program presenter with the names and emails of the participants attending that presenter’s program(s). Some presenters gather additional information during the course of the program. We ask them to specify the intended use of the information requested and remind participants they are free to withhold this information. Additionally, some presenter(s) and participants may decide to create and circulate their own contact list to facilitate post-program communication. Inclusion on such lists is by personal choice and participants have the right to decline. At the presenter’s request, Drala Mountain Center’s Program Coordinators may facilitate the initial distribution of such lists to those who have signed up, but we do not disclose these lists to any other party.
We invite program participants, guests and website visitors to sign up for Drala Mountain Center’s email communications through our website. We distribute various types of electronic communications including a monthly newsletter, bimonthly program emails and seasonal development updates. All are permission-based and you have the option to unsubscribe from any email list you have opted into at any time. You can “opt-out” or “manage your subscription” preferences at the bottom of any email we send you. On occasion, we may also send a special offer or news announcement to our entire email list. You can unsubscribe from such announcements at any time.
Drala Mountain Center gathers data from visitors to our website that is primarily used for system administration, compilation and analysis of basic user statistics, and site development. We do not share this information. It is used solely for the purpose of enhancing our website services.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website, which uses temporary cookies. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser that your browser may then store on your system, allowing for a more user-friendly and efficient website experience. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept cookies or not.
- Surveys: When a survey appears on our site, or if we conduct a survey using a third-party site such as SurveyMonkey™, participants may be asked to supply personal information, such as name, e-mail address, and/or phone number. This information will only be used to notify participants of the results. Survey information is collected, compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis that does not allow for the identification of any individual, unless otherwise stated. We may share the aggregated data with other individuals or business associates who are involved in our strategic marketing planning, but it is not sold or shared to third parties.
Information gathered on our website is kept on secure dedicated servers of Green Geeks, a web hosting company, as well as servers operated by Drala Mountain Center. Registration information, including credit card numbers, is sent from our hosting service to Drala Mountain Center by encrypted emails.
- Secure Sockets Layer: To protect the security of your information while you are visiting our website, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software that encrypts the personal identifiable information you input.
- Minors: Minors (anyone under the age of 18) are not eligible to pay for Drala Mountain Center programs or products. We ask that minors not submit credit card information. DMC is not responsible for a minor’s use of their parent’s credit card. Minors are not permitted to provide personal information to the site.
- Incorrect or Fraudulent Information: Drala Mountain Center may cancel a credit card transaction if we reasonably determine that the order information you provided is incorrect or fraudulent, or if we reasonably believe the credit card utilized is from an unauthorized party.
- Login Profile: Some of our websites, such as the Drala Mountain Online Gift Store, may provide you with the opportunity to create an account or login profile that allows you to save your contact and other information for speedier transactions. We recommend you keep this information current. We are not responsible for updating login profile information.
- Passwords: To provide you with an increased level of security, access to your login profile is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Your password will never be asked through unsolicited communication from Drala Mountain Center.
Drala Mountain Center reserves the right to transfer any of its collected data in the event of an acquisition, full or partial, of the organization or its assets.
Drala Mountain Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to create a culture of kindness, generosity and courage through sharing the Shambhala teachings and offering programs of personal transformation steeped in wisdom traditions and venerable lineages from around the world.