Opening the Good Eye: Miksang Photography
April 2–5, 2015
Discover how to see the world in a fresh way and express your full and complete experience through your camera. This retreat is an introduction to the practice of Miksang Contemplative Photography as developed by Michael Wood and Julie DuBose. Through visual exercises, assignments, discussion, and sharing of images, learn how to recognize the experience of direct visual perception. Direct in this case means without the filters of our habitual ways of seeing and experiencing. This is not purely a photography course. This is the beginning of a journey through our world with our eyes, mind, and heart united. Seeing in this way brings a freshness to our lives and through our images, we can share the joy of our experience. Please visit www.miksang.com to learn more about this profound practice.
***SPECIAL CANCELLATION POLICY*** Refunds and program credit are only available for cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the program start date. (Refunds are given per our normal policy: less a 5% credit card processing fee.)
- A good working knowledge of your camera
- A laptop computer
- The ability to transfer your images to your computer
- A USB stick for transferring images from your computer
- Any model of digital camera, iPhone (minimum iPhone 4s) or an iPad for taking pictures, as long as your device will connect to your laptop for editing
Be sure to check out:
- Our interview with Julie DuBose: Discussing Miksang Contemplative Photography (Video/Audio)
- Youtube video, “How Miksang Has Changed Lives”— From Miksang Institute Summer Intensive.